At Vie Institute we are committed to the protection of the personal information provided to us. This practice has developed a policy to protect patient privacy in compliance with privacy legislation (the National Privacy Principles of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988).
Our practice policy is to inform you:
1. What personal information is being collected?
In our rooms
- your name
- your contact details, telephone and address
- your date of birth
- you referring doctor and/or your regular GP
- your private health fund details and your Medicare number
On our web site
- your e-mail address
- your domain name
- the date and time of your visit
- the actual pages you accessed and downloaded
- the type of browser you’re using
2. Who is collecting your information?
Our reception staff use this information and pass it in to management
3. How Your personal information is being stored?
All client details are stored within our software programme and in patient files. Patient files are kept strictly confidential and are stored away from public access areas. Computer generated patient details are not sent to any other party without your consent, we do not email patient details.
4. How your personal information is being used?
Any contact details are stored in our data base. We use this database to send newsletters and to update our clients on any change within our practice. If you do not want to be part of our data base, simply state this in any correspondence and your details will be removed.
We also use the information collected to graph:
- where our data base resides
- where our referrals come from
- the average age of our client base
- the most common procedures enquired about from different source
We will not pass your personal details onto any third party.
5. Whom your personal information is being disclosed to?
We do not pass your personal details on to any other party. All our staff are bound by confidentiality agreements and cannot discuss client information with anyone, including each other.
To further safeguard your privacy, we have made major renovations to our premises. We now have a private office which is also our call centre. No calls are made or taken from our front desk reception area.
If you have any further questions regarding our commitment to protecting your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us.