Some women are happy to be a Mummy and look like one, but for those of you who are not happy with their body after having children – we have the technology! It’s called surgery.
The following information is designed to answer questions you may have about a Mummy Makeover. Of course there are as many questions as there are women wanting surgery, so we have included the most common on this website.
For further information, we offer a free consultation with our nurse educator. Please call us on 54792922 to make an appointment for your free consultation.
What is a Mummy Makeover?
A Mummy Makeover refers to any series of surgical procedures performed at the same time, with the aim of restoring a woman’s body back to her pre-baby form, or as close as is possible.
Are All Mummy Makeovers the same?
No, the surgery that you require will of course, depend on your particular circumstance and surgery is tailored to your needs.
You may need any of, or a mix of the following surgical procedures:
- tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- breast lift (mastopexy)
- breast implants (breast augmentation)
- breast reduction
You will find information on each of these procedures under Female Surgery on this website.
How long do I have to wait after my last child before I can have a mummy make-over?
Again this is individual as everyone recovers differently from childbirth.
You can proceed with mummy makeover surgery if:
- You have finished breast feeding.
- You are fit and healthy
- You are at your ideal weight and you are stable at this weight for at least 3 months
- You have someone to help you with your children at home for a few weeks after your surgery.
It is important to realise that if you are still carrying excess post pregnancy weight, your long term result may not be ideal.
Will health insurance pay for Mummy Make-over surgery?
- In Australia health insurance will only cover procedures that Medicare will cover.
- Medicare guidelines are very strict, and some procedures they will not cover at all. Dr McGovern’s staff can help you to understand if you will be eligible for rebates on any of the procedures you require.
- We offer a free consultation with our nurse educator to help you understand the costs involved in your particular case.
Can I have Mummy Makeover surgery as an outpatient or as a day procedure?
- Each of the procedures that may form part of your Mummy Makeover procedure require general anaesthetic as a standalone procedure.
- Therefore every Mummy Makeover will be performed under general anaesthetic and will require a hospital admission and overnight stay
Is a Mummy Makeover painful?
- This will depend on the actual procedures performed.
- Breast enlargement and tummy tuck procedures include lifting and cutting muscles, which does increase the amount of pain you might feel following surgery.
- You will be given appropriate pain relief following your surgery.
How long is the recovery following a Mummy Makeover?
- Again, this will depend on the actual procedures you have done.
- Two to three weeks would be all you would need in most cases
We hope this information has helped you to understand more about Mummy Makeover surgery. Call our friendly staff on 54792922 if you would like to make an appointment for a free consultation to discuss this in more detail.
Our team of professionals look forward to helping you achieve your goals.