Dermalplaning has been around for decades, this is the original exfoliation treatment that has taken preference over such treatments as microdermabrasion. It can be done by itself or added into a skin peel for ultimate results
What is Laser Dermalplaning?
By using a specialised surgical blade, we are able to manually exfoliate dead skin without disrupting or damaging the skins barrier. Removal of dead skin cell build up and vellas hair also known as peach fuzz.
- Skin rejuvenation:
Promotes collagen and elastin stimulation in the skin. This will help with skin tone and texture and help to minimise fine lines and wrinkles and tighten pores.
- Facial redness and/or flushing
Shuts down the many minute little blood vessels on the face, neck and/or chest, that have lost their elasticity and are perfusing the skin with blood, causing redness and facial flushing.
What are the benefits of Dermalplaning for my skin?
Laser Genesis will help with
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Collagen and elastin stimulation
- Uneven skin tone
- Redness in the skin
- Open enlarged pores
- Uneven skin tone and texture
Are Dermalplaning treatments painful?
- A warming sensation is all most people will feel on the skin, though you may get a “hot-spot” over bony prominences like collar bones.
- We aim at getting the heat in the area treated up to 42 degrees for maximal results. Some guys actually fall asleep during this treatment.
How long does Dermalplaning take?
- Consultation is a quick 15 minutes.
- Treatment takes 45 minutes
Is there any downtime after a Dermalplaning treatment?
- You may be a little flushed after the treatment, but this will settle within a few hours at the most.
- No one will notice the redness. In most cases
How much does Dermalplaning cost?
- Starting price for Laser Genesis is $125 for Half Face or for the full face its $250.
- You can add on a lactic peel for an extra exfoliation for an extra $30
Is there anything I have to do to prepare for Dermalplaning treatment?
- The Laser is attracted to pigment, so it’s imperative to shave before your treatment if you would like a full face treatment.
- If you have facial hair you can proceed with treatment we can do half face treatment. It is discussed in your consent that permanent hair removal may be a concern to some patients with this treatment.
How many Dermalplaning treatments are necessary to see results?
- You may see results after your very first treatment.
- On average 4-6 treatments are recommended to get full stimulation of the collagen and elastin, or to close down all of the tiny blood vessels causing the redness.
- These should ideally be performed at 4 week intervals.
If you would like to know more about Dermalplaning treatments, call us for a complimentary consultation with one of our dermal therapists. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals!